The faux fur trend is very popular this season and it is expected to continue well into 2016 so get ready to see it in everything from coats to vests, bags and accessories.
Below are my 5 tips on how to incorporate faux fur into your life.
- Start small – Accessories are an excellent place to start! Here you can go subtle or bold with something you can mix into your current everyday looks. Pair your favorite faux fur clutch with your favorite skinny jeans and you are ready to go. Partner a beautiful fur stole with a simple black dress and get ready to turn heads.
- Go for quality. Now I don’t mean expensive, I’m referring to faux fur pieces that are well constructed, look well made and have a nice quality to them. Cheap looking faux fur will date your piece and kill your look.
- Pair with your favorite comfort pieces as I did for today’s look. This is something I do often when I’m trying out a new trend that I’m not 100% crazy about. When I received this beautiful faux fur collar vest from Torrid I decided to reach for several of my own comfort pieces to finish off the look in a way that felt classic and easy to me. I immediately grabbed my newest favorite pair of Faux Leather Leggings by Denim 24/7®. These leggings are like dressed up yoga pants! They are soft but hold their shape and are super easy to slip on and go. Next I grabbed this super cozy Waffle knit turtleneck sweater from Woman Within. I paired the look with fun accessories and I was ready to hit the town.
- If you are ready to move into something bolder, check out what’s available in faux fur outerwear. Much like your accessories it’s something you can throw on to increase the drama factor of your look.
- Lastly, dare to be bold. Sometimes you have to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new. Trust me, you may surprise yourself! So go ahead and order that faux fur beauty you’ve been eyeing for weeks. Hey, the worse that can happen is that you return it. Don’t let fear dominate your style choices. If you want to try a new trend, I say go for it!
Please note: While this was a sponsored post, all opinions are my own.