It is hot here in NYC and staying cool has been my number one priority. I always joke that my biggest curse in life is my excess sweating. Yup, I am that girl – and yes, it's pretty gross. Because of that I am always looking for ways to stay cool and today I've decided to share with you a few of my summer must haves to stay comfortable during the upcoming high temps.
- Opt for a fresh face: Instead of using your traditional heavy foundation, opt for something lighter like a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream. I love using one that has a decent SPF and has other qualities that will protect my skin. Because my face tends to be extra finicky in the summer I've been using the Beauty Counter Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer – which I love. It has black currant, peony flower root extract, and vitamin C which reduce the appearance of age spots and enhance skin brightness, while hyaluronic acid promotes firmer, smoother-looking skin. This partnered with my Black Charcoal Clotting Linens from Boscia and I am ready to go! If you've watched my Acne video then you know I am a big fan of charcoal based products.
- Stay away from the heat – heating tools that is! Now this one is a hard for me since I love my flat iron but with all of the sun exposure, beaches and swimming pools this summer, my poor hair needs a break. Plus, starting off my morning sweating from blow drying and flat ironing my hair is definitely not helping in my efforts to stay cool. I've recently been trying the JOICO HAIR SHAKE LIQUID-TO-POWDER FINISHING TEXTURIZER to style my hair in its natural wavy state and I absolutely love it. It gives volume to my hair and fights against humidity which is a must right now.
- Summer dresses to the rescue – look for flowy cotton dresses that will keep cool. Focus on light colored options that will keep you cool but still looking polished. Also, a must must have this summer for my ladies with thick thighs is the Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel. Ladies – this right here has been my lifesaver. It helps keeps me cool and dry and yes, it actually stay on all day!
- Stay hydrate – ladies this is so important. Remember that when its hot out your body needs more fluids then it typically would require. Treat yourself to a fun water bottle and add fruits to it to make it interesting.
- Take it off! Ladies, lets face it, its hot and you can't be bothered with being all covered up during this crazy heat wave. Go out and enjoy the amazing weather. Thrown on your swimsuit and enjoy life. And forget about what others might think of you. Stay cool and laugh because before we know it the cold days of winter will be back around.
How are you staying cool this summer?