As we all know, at times it seems as if plus size women pay more for clothing. Finding a deal or cute budget items is not always easy. Now, I'm a strong believer that you get what you pay for and a $15 dress won't last you very long. However, every once in a while a girl wants to find something cheap aka affordable and the options for us are at times are limited.
For my recent vacation to France I wanted to pick up a few dresses that were easy to throw on and go. But because I wanted to save all of my money for my trip I wasn't looking to break the bank. So in my journey I stopped off at a few of my favorite budget friendly stores including Forever 21, Rainbows, Marshals and Ross Dress for Less and I found several great options.
While shopping for my budget friendly options I kept the following thoughts in mind:
- Stay open-minded – Try to stay open about what you are looking for. If you enter with too narrow of a view, you might not find anything.
- Try everything one – Sizing can vary drastically store to store and the day before you leave is not when you want to find out something doesn't fit.
- Take note of the fabric and how the item will wear – Buttons and zippers on budget garments are typically not the best so take note of items such as these that will "cheapen" your look.
- Experiment – When something costs $15 – why not experiment with a new style or a funky print.
- Block off enough time – Yes, budget shopping means you need to look for deals and often visit several stores. Give yourself time to find the items you are looking for.
So ladies, what are some of your favorite budget friendly plus size stores?
This dress was purchased at Ross Dress for Less. Unfortunately, it is not available online.