So ladies, the idea of investing in a new car has been a constant conversation in our house ever since we found out that we were expecting. I will admit that until recent I didn't know much about cars and living in NY, driving takes a backseat to public transportation.
When we first started talking about a new car I immediately reached out to my friends at Kia Motors. A few months ago I traveled to San Diego to test drive a few of the Kia vehicles and OMG ladies, I was blown away. Kia is really changing the game in the automobile industry from cars targeted to the younger generation, family and adrenaline junkies. Here a few stats that might surprise you about the new Kia.
- #1 in the entire industry in initial quality (JD Power)
- #1 in the entire industry for number of Owner Satisfaction Apeal Awards (JD Power)
- #1 Non-luxury brand in vehicle satisfaction (AutoPacific)
- #5 in the entire industry in reliability (Consumer Reports)
- Top six best car brands in the entire industry (Consumer Reports)
I will admit, I left that trip wowed and was excited to reach out to Kia again to test out the gorgeous Kia Cadenza. Now, I've never been too much into large luxury vehicles mainly because aside from the typical high price point, they usually feel stuffy and high maintenance.
I will say that as soon as I stepped into the Cadenza my opinion totally changed. Ladies, this car is hot and sexy but more importantly for a mom to be spacious, affordable and safe! Here are a few of the things I observed while trying out this beautiful girl.
The 2017 Kia Cadenza comes with
- five seats and standard with leather upholstery. It was extremely comfortable and stylish.
- a 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with two-way lumbar support, and an eight-way power-adjustable passenger seat which means that at 5'3 I will be able to drive comfortably.
- more then enough room for a car seat or two and comes with a complete set of LATCH connectors on both outboard rear seats which makes keeping our baby safe and sound.
- a 16 cubic feet trunk large enough for a playpen and some children's toys. It also comes standard with a smart trunk that automatically opens when the proximity key is close to the back of the car for three seconds. I loved this feature because between balancing a car seat and groceries I know I will rarely have a free hand.
- a 3.3-liter V6 engine paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission. It was a smooth ride with great pickup. The Cadenza also gets average fuel economy with 20 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway, costing you about $1,500 annually in gas.
- amazing safety features include smart blind spot detection – this warns you of vehicles in your blind spot and, if you cross into a lane when a vehicle is in your blind spot, applies the brakes and brings you back into your lane – rear park assist, rear cross traffic alert, autonomous emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, a forward collision warning system, lane change assist, lane departure warning, and a 360-degree camera system.
- other cool features such as Bluetooth, dual-zone automatic climate control, an eight-speaker sound system, and Kia’s UVO infotainment system, which includes a 7-inch touch screen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, a USB port, HD Radio, and satellite radio.
So my lovelies, shopping for a new car can be stressful and overwhelming but just remember that starting a family doesn't necessarily mean you have to lock yourself into an station wagon. Momma can look cool and sexy while still judging school pickups and play dates. What is your wish car?